TERMS & CONDITIONS
MANTRA STUDIO KITCHEN + BAR
Created: 30 December 2017
Modified: 30 December 2017
Function and Event Bookings Terms and Conditions:
Thank you for considering Mantra Studio Kitchen + Bar for your next Function / Event. Below is important information that you must be aware of and adhere to at all times when utilizing our facilities.
- Set Quotes for functions as discussed with our venue manager are valid for 5 days only and subject to change after this time.
- Pricing for utilizing our facilities Pricing will vary for each individual depending on many factors such as: amount of people, type of function, special requirements etc. You must speak with our venue manager to receive a more comprehensive tailored quote.
- Overhead costs & Menu items are subject to change at any time. Room Hire: Applies for most functions. The cost is charged on a case by case basis, subject to set up requirements, day & duration of your Function/Event and will be established at the time of enquiry.
- Minimum Spend for food and drink only will vary for each function depending on function type and requirements. This will be confirmed at the time of booking. The nominated amount must be reached for each function. (This is inclusive of food and drink only.)
- Additional extras are not included in the minimum spend.
- Tentative Bookings not allowed: We do not take tentative bookings therefore a booking is not confirmed until the deposit and a signed copy / acceptance of this agreement has been received.
- Booking Confirmation: To confirm a booking we require a minimum deposit of 50% of the quoted sum. Cash, Credit Card & Eftpos are accepted and payment can be made at Mantra Studio Kitchen + Bar, in person or over the phone (preferably during business hours).
- Security: Security personnel are mandatory for most functions, in particular Fridays and Saturdays with 40+ guests. Requirements for all functions will be at the discretion of our venue manager and costs will range from $150 - $250 per guard.
- Cancellation during the function: We reserve the right to cancel a function at any time or remove disruptive individuals if the safety of staff and patrons is compromised.
- Bar TAB: is payable at the conclusion of your function if it is not part of your minimum spend.
- Beverages: You can nominate what drinks will be offered to your guests. Eg Tap Beer, House Wine & Soft drink, Basic Spirits, Open Bar etc. and this will be discussed in more detail at the final meeting.
- BOND: A $500 Bond may be required for damage to our property. The bond is fully refunded upon conclusion of the event once management’s inspection of facility has been assessed and clearance granted. An authorized suspension of the $500 is placed on the credit card 2- 3 days prior to the function. This amount is suspended and not accessible by the credit card holder. If no claim has been made by Mantra Studio Kitchen + Bar, the money is automatically released back onto the credit card within 7days. Cash Bond: This can be given to us at the final meeting and we will hold it securely.
- Damages and Repairs: You will be responsible for any expense in connection with repairs for damage, breakages or extra cleaning which may become necessary due to damage or other causes during the period of the function. We reserves the right to determine the cost of any damages and/or extra cleaning necessary above and outside what is normally expected following usage of the venue. We reserve the right to retain all or part of the bond to meet such costs as necessary, and/or to bill for additional costs if the bond does not cover damage caused.
- CANCELLATIONS: In the event of cancellation the following terms will apply:
1. We reserve the right to cancel any function with adequate notice.
2. There is a 3-day cooling off period from the day the deposit is received. After this time, the deposit is non-refundable.
3. All cancellations must be made in writing to the Venue Manager.
4. For functions cancelled 6 weeks or less before the function date, the cancellation fee will be equal to 50% of the total estimated value of the function.
5. Once final numbers and payment received there will be no refunds or credit.
- Function Duration: Times will vary depending on the day / time your function is held. This will be confirmed with our venue manager when you enquire.
- Finish: All evening functions must cease at midnight; our current liquor licence requires last drinks at 11.00.p.m.
- Room Set Up / Access: The Club reserves the right to book other events / functions in the same function room up to one hour before the scheduled starting time and one hour after the scheduled finishing time.
- Final Meeting: it is your responsibility to organize a final meeting with the venue manager no later than 10 days prior to your function. It is at this meeting that you will be required to finalise attendance numbers and final payment. A $50 late payment fee will be charged for payments received after this time.
- Final attendance numbers are to be confirmed at your final meeting. This will be the Guaranteed Number. There will be No refunds given for cancellation of numbers after this time. Increases are acceptable if adequate notice is given. Charges will be based on the Guaranteed Number or the number attending whichever is greater.
- Identification: A Driver’s License or valid Passport is required as proof of identity when securing a booking for our venue. A photocopy will be taken of the identification and kept as a record for booking validity.
- Payment: All function accounts must be paid with Credit Card, Cash or Bank cheque 10 days before the function date. The contract signatory is liable to pay all monies due under this Agreement. We do not provide credit. Company and Bank cheques are only accepted with prior approval. No personal cheques accepted.
- Payment Details: Authorized cheque payments can be made out to MANTRA STUDIO KITCHEN: BSB: 013 456 ACCT NO: 307276239: ANZ
- Additional Staff: Adequate staffing will be supplied by our venue for your Function / Event. Additional staff may be organized upon request with sufficient notice at a cost of $50 per hour (min 2 hours)
- Food & Beverage: You and your guests are not permitted to supply any of their own food or drink whatsoever. We reserve the right to remove and discard any items bought into the venue. Considerations for some items may be approved, such as a celebration cake however surcharges may apply.
- Special Dietary Requirements: We are able to accommodate customers `special dietary’ or cultural requirements with sufficient prior notice. Please see our venue manager for options available. It is imperative that you advise whether your guests have any allergies, for example to nuts etc.
- Take Home Food/Doggy Bags: Apart from the celebration cake, Under NO circumstances can any left-over food from any Function/ Event be taken home.
- Delivery and Pick up of Equipment: The venue must be advised of all deliveries / collections made on your behalf. Payment for any delivery of goods must be made by you in advance.
- Bumping in and Out: Assistance for moving in or out of equipment is not guaranteed and will only be possible if staff are available
- Music: We have a specialised studio designed for music. You should discuss your requirements for live music with our venue manager. Should you wish to arrange your own music, to perform at your function, you must provide all details. We can reject your application. If you are allowed to arrange your own music, a charge for hire or our equipment may be made. This must be discussed with our venue manager. We are compliant with the regulations and policies regarding noise levels, which must be strictly adhered to and are not negotiable. A Statutory noise policy and agreement must be signed prior to the commencement of the function.
- Not Allowed: Dry Ice, Smoke & Bubble machines are not permitted.
- Damages & Theft: You will assume financial responsibility for any and all damages and / or theft caused during the event/function, by any of your guests or any other persons attending the event/function, whether in the room (s) or in any other part of the venue.
- Beyond our control event: We will not be held responsible for any losses sustained if a function cannot proceed due to a robbery, fire, industrial dispute, water main break, power failure or any other reason beyond our control.
- Equipment Hire: Charges apply for all special equipment requirements for your function. Please discuss needs and costs with our venue manager.
- Decorations: Our rooms are laid out in neutral tones and decorations can be brought in to enhance your celebrations, however there are a few guidelines and conditions that must be strictly adhered to;
(a) NO paintings, papers or any other material can be placed on our walls- they ARE NOT PERMITTED;
(b) Table Sprinkles/Confetti /Party Poppers /Rice/ Flower Petals / Glitter etc. ARE NOT permitted.
- ALL decorations must be removed by the client on the conclusion of the function.
- Decorations Safety Policy: Decorations must be approved by the venue manager at the final meeting. You understand that participating in room preparation/decoration of our premises is to be done so at your own risk. Any physical injuries sustained are not the responsibility of Mantra Studio Kitchen + Bar, and no liability will be accepted by us, our employees, or agents for any liability whatsoever incurred
- You forfeit all rights to make any claims against Soggy Records Pty Ltd trading as Mantra Studio Kitchen, it’s employees, and/or agents for any physical injuries or damages that may occur upon the premises, or as a consequence of being on the premises, save for any injury resulting from negligence.
- You acknowledge that you are responsible for any aesthetic damage caused by you or your guests.
- Bar Closure: Last drinks will be called 15 minutes before 11.00.p.m, or such other time as our on-premise liquor licence permits.
- Lights will be turned up fully to indicate closure of the bar.
- Smoking Policy: Our Venue is strictly non-smoking. Victoria Laws prevent smoking with 4 meters of our venue (as food is being served).
- Car Parking: We have ample on-site car parking available. (Subject to availability) However, we accept no responsibility for loss or damage made to vehicles whilst on the premises.
- No Alcohol to a Minor: Liquor Laws require that a person, parent or licensee must not supply alcohol to a minor. Attempting to buy liquor for a minor may incur a Penalty that exceeds $6,000.
- Responsible service of alcohol: Our venue complies with the Law and responsibly serves alcohol therefore, any patron that is drunk, violent or quarrelsome must leave the premises upon request. Failure to do so may incur a Penalty that exceeds $13,000.
- Failure to comply with any of the above points will result in the immediate termination of the function without refund.
- Fully licensed. We are a fully licensed venue; therefore, NO alcohol whatsoever can be bought onto our premises. If this rule is breached, we reserve the right to remove and discard any alcohol bought into the venue.
- Your Responsibilities: Children attending the function must be under the supervision of a responsible adult at all times. You must ensure that children are not placed at risk upon entering or leaving the venue. Further you assume full responsibility and are liable for all damages caused by guests, invitees and all other people in attendance at your function/event.
- Your Personal Property: The venue will take all necessary care to ensure safety of property however we will not accept responsibility for any damages or loss of client’s / guest’s property on the premises before, during or after the function.
- It is your responsibility to conduct the function with full compliance of the House Policy and venue management rules and in line with all applicable laws.
- Noise: Although we are located in a Business park, which is usually not operating at night, we have residential neighbours nearby, and as such we request that you ensure that their quiet enjoyment is not affected by noisy patrons leaving the venue at night.